Creating And Verifying A Google Business Page
Your business needs to be on the map if you have a physical location (or locations). This has numerous benefits around Google search, Google maps and now tools like Google now where a user will ask their smartphone to find a nearby place.
Adding your place to Google Business provides the route to being found virtually and physically. Here is how to create that listing, and get it verified by a postcard in the mail.
- Login to http://business.google.com
- Click Add Location (on the left bar, or bottom right)
- Type in the business name to see if it already exists (you will claim it in that case)
- If nothing comes up, type the full physical address
- If still nothing comes up, add the information to the new box
- Drag and drop the pin on the map to get your exact location so people can find you easily
- Confirm you are eligible to be the admin, and create the Send Me a Code box, adding your name to the top
- Wait for the post man!
- The postcard gives you instructions and you enter the code on the card to the page
- You will then be the authorised owner of this listing, and all your changes you made will get published on Google Maps & Search results.
SixFive is a Google for Work Partner, with Certified Deployment Specialists and Administrators on hand to help https://www.sixfive.com.au/google-apps/