Google Drive and Office Compatibility – The Apps Show – Ep. 4
Hangout plugin is now free for Google Chrome, if you’re using a different browser, you need to install the plugin.
New Android App for Gmail that have 2 great features, one of them is you can select and insert file from drive into a gmail message, and the other can preserve a rich text formatting.
“We can Open, Edit and Send back Office Documents without ever opening Office”
Google Gets Deep
Tips to know if you are using the new Google Drive:
Old Drive: You can see a “Create” button
New Drive: You can see “New” button
Old Drive: No Preview
New Drive: With preview in the bottom half of the email
- When you hover over it, it will turn gray and show you a couple of options for editing.
- Click on the gray part and it will open you a preview of the document
- At the very top of that you can see Open button, Click that and you get an Office Compatibility Mode in a new tab.
Old Drive: Cannot open documents stored locally
New Drive: Can open documents stored locally by
- Open Chrome browser
- Click File
- Click Open File
- Select the document
- and Open
It opens up in a new tab ready for editing.
New Drive: Open a new Tab and Click and Drag the file to the area of the browser.
How to know if you open it in a right way?
- Go to Drive
- Click on File menu
- Check it and make sure it says Office Compatibility Mode, you can click on that for more information.
How to share your Google Documents?
- Open a new Tab
- Go to Drive
- Select the file
- Click the black little button looks a tiny person with a + sign next to the head.