[panel style=”success” text_align=”left”]iPhone & Android application to assist in data collection for sociology research using random time sampling[/panel]
University of New England Professor Michael Bittman is one of the world’s leading authorities on time use sociology studies. Random Time Sampling requests that a participant in the study record their activity in the past hour, and their attitude or feelings toward the work they are carrying out. This is a heavy load on the researchers (who phone the participant to prompt them to record) and the participant (who must take 10-15 mins recording the information on paper.
The iPhone/Android application alerts the user in random intervals, 3 times a day, and they log the information in a structured manner. This relieves the researcher from the study after set up, and the participant can complete each sample in under a minute.
- iPhone application
- Android application
- API & Server management
- Installed on demo devices and participants devices
- Collects samples at random intervals from participants
- Fully configurable study set up
- Additional questions per activity, sample or once at the start of the survey
- Business Analysis
- Application Specification
- Server interface
- Mobile Application Build
- Deployment & Installation